Hi guys! Today I have a LEGO Avengers: Infinity War MOC/Set Idea. I call it the Wakandan Troop Transport set. It comes with 301 bricks and would retail for £29.99 (UK), $29.99 (U.S.), $49.99 (Aus), and $59.99 (NZ). Let’s start off with the minifigure selection – five are included in this ‘set’.
- On the left we have Okoye. Unlike the official LEGO version in 76099, she has dark red arms and a gold neck armor piece. She comes with a silver spear as her accessory.
- Next up is M’Baku. We have not gotten an official LEGO minifigure of him yet so it would be nice to get one. This minifigure was partially inspired by @figs.art‘s minifigure drawing on Instagram. He has short hair, a bearded print face, and a furry neck attachment. His weapon is based off his staff seen in the movies, and I must admit that the top part is actually a LEGO Fabuland ladle piece! 😀
- In the middle is War Machine. He has not appeared in any LEGO Avengers: Infinity War sets so far so it would be nice to get him again. The last minifigure design in 76051 Super Hero Airport Battle was satisfactory, though a new version was shown on the LEGO Marvel ‘The First Ten Years’ official poster, seemingly hinting at a new one.
- The fourth minifigure is Bucky Barnes, aka the White Wolf. He has dark brown hair and a stern expression, along with a dark blue torso print with silver arm. His legs are dual-molded – olive green pants with black boots. This design is based off the one that appeared in the official LEGO Marvel The First Ten Years poster, and I hope we get that minifigure as it’s very detailed and we haven’t gotten Bucky in any LEGO Avengers: Infinity War sets yet.
- The final minifigure is Scarlet Witch. Considering she was one of the more important characters in Infinity War, her absence from LEGO’s Infinity War sets feels slightly jarring. This minifigure could be a re-release of the Civil War variant from 76051, but I gave her Power Bursts that could be either translucent pink or translucent red, both of which would be new and useful colors.
On to the build in the set. The only build is the Wakandan Troop Transport itself, modeled after these craft that briefly appeared in Infinity War. I have made it black in color to match with the other Wakandan vehicles released in LEGO so far like the Royal Talon Fighter or even the hijacked turret in 76103 The Corvus Glaive Thresher Attack. There is a clear windscreen at the front and some silver grille details on the front bonnet.
The craft has space for four minifigures to stand at the back, and one dark tan seat for a driver. This means you can put in all five minifigures in the set, or put in some of your own Avengers minifigures. The driver gets a purple and silver steering wheel and printed 1×2 console slope. The craft has a pair of spring-loaded shooters located under the main body. These fire out translucent light blue bolts, just like how the stud shooters in 76100 Royal Talon Fighter Attack fired translucent light blue studs. The underside of the vehicle has wheels without tires, just like 75209 Han Solo’s Landspeeder and 75210 Moloch’s Landspeeder. This enables it to drive along smoothly and then turn when it needs to. The wheels are also relatively hidden when viewed from upper angles, making the ship look like it is hovering. Here’s a look at the top view of the ship.
I tried to mirror the silhouette of the ships from this shot. It’s not super accurate but it was the best I could do. Oh, and in keeping with the style of the engine designs from 76100 Royal Talon Fighter Attack, the back of the engines are purple with silver grilles over them.
That’s it for this MOC/Set Idea! I hope you like it 🙂 Let me know your thoughts in the comments section below!
VaderFan2187 out! 😀